The main tasks of the Study Center are to assist principal investigators in organizing and conducting their studies and provide an overview of all in-house studies (management of applications for ethical approval and ethics committee votes).
The Study Center provides the following services:
• Data and biosample collection (i.e., ECG, blood draw, interviews with questionnaires)
• Interface between different in-house units (hospital, MRI etc.)
• Assistance with recruitment, randomisation or individual support of study participants
• Study organization
• Data management
• Assistance with study design, including the development of appropriate recruitment strategies and SOPs, assistance with applications/proposals, management of contracts and implementation of data protection issues (in cooperation with the data protection officer of the Max Planck Society)
• ID-management (in the future)
The Study Center team currently consists of the coordinator Norma Grandi, 7 study assistants and student assistants.