BioPrep (Biomaterial processing and repository) Unit
This core unit is a technical unit that oversees the collection of biological samples for the biobank, and individual scientific studies or projects. For this purpose, the biomaterial is collected, processed, stored and the accompanying data are managed.
- miRNA, etc.
Tasks of the Core Unit BioPRep
- Project protocoling, organization, processing etc.
- Sample reception, centrifugation, aliquoting, storage, database maintenance and documentation: Each sample is documented with the corresponding probing code and respective 2D barcode, its content and the current storage location.
- Sample preparation: The sample material is processed with suitable extraction methods to obtain DNA, RNA and PBMCs.
- Database support: Biological samples are processed anonymously and with donor consent for use of biological material. The databases are equipped with features such as survey management and reporting, as well as quality and workflow management.
- Quality management: Photometric measurement of concentration and purity, as well as Scan. The automated quality assessment systems communicate continuously with the database management system, ensuring an error-free data-flow between the different measurement and documentation components.
- Normalization of DNA and RNA
- Automated sample prep & plate pipetting of DNA, RNA, serum, saliva, etc. for further applications.
- Material supply: Sample-identification within the database and where applicable dispatch of isolated probe.
- DNA extraction from blood (400 μl – 4 ml)
- DNA extraction saliva (400 μl – 4 ml)
- DNA extraction from PAX and Tempus
- RNA extraction from blood (2.5 ml PAX)
- RNA extraction saliva (400 μl – 4 ml)
- PBMC isolation
- Automated plating